Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas from Sierra County

I've become so used to winter in southern New Mexico that I find that I now dread leaving my cozy little home in Truth or Consequences to head off to Southern California for the Holidays. Granted, the nights are cold...but the daytime temps are in the mid to high 50's, the sky is blue and cloudless.

Things have slowed down a bit, giving me time to reflect on how lucky I am to be in a small town with good friends, working for great people. Sometimes it's a challenge - my friend Jen with the Tourism Department always says "the smaller the town, the bigger the drama" - but hey! Never a dull moment!

I'm getting ready to drive off to Oceanside, CA to spend Christmas with my family, then up to Pasadena to work on the New Mexico float in the Tournament of Roses Parade. Viva Pepe le Pew! Merry Christmas everyone, and I'll see you in the New Year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: